Address of Property Assessed: Pots & Pans Cottage, Uppermill, OL3
Person Undertaking the Assessment: Cliff Lonsdale
Date of Assessment: 1st February 2018
Pots & Pans Cottage is an eighteenth-century cottage located in a rural hamlet. Due to the nature of the building and the surrounding area, access is limited.
- The property, the garden and the upper floors within the property are all accessed by stairs
Access with steps
- The main entrance to the cottage can only be reached by climbing four steps.
- Due to the nature of the environment, no ramp access is possible.
- Stairs are required to be used to access the upper floor
- – Two double bedrooms
- – Two bathrooms (one of which is en-suite)
- The garden is accessed up a stepped path
• The nearest train station is in Greenfield, approximately one mile away.
• Free street parking is available close to the cottage 50 meters away.
- From the street to the entrance path there is a slope and four steps.
- The main entrance does not have level access.
- The main door is side hung, manual and normal size.
- All bedrooms have windows fitted with child safety locks.
- Bedrooms have ceiling lights, bedside lamps and natural daylight.
- All bedrooms are non-smoking.
Getting around outside Garden
• From the main entrance to the garden, there is a short stepped path.
Emergency evacuation procedures
- There is one exit door to the property, located in the kitchen. This door is inward opening.
- Due to the steep stairs within the property and stair access outside the property. People with physical disabilities that prevent them from climbing stairs will require assistance in the event that evacuation is necessary.
Created: 1 February 2018